Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cold be gone!

Considering the time of year, you may think I'm referring to the chilly (or downright frigid!) weather that's affected much of the nation. To be honest I'm quite a fan of the winter months. The only problem is - with colder weather typically comes THE cold. Who wants to be resigned to spending a few miserable days with a runny nose, sore throat, sneezes, and random aches? Not me! Fortunately, about a year ago I discovered a suprisingly effective natural therapy for the dreaded cold.

Let me take a quick moment to say that, while I am a nutritionist, that I am NOT a doctor. I am NOT attempting to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for your particular condition. I'd just like to share what's worked for me, my wife, and our family.

Here's your "fight the cold" shopping list . . .
1. Olive Leaf Extract (10 to 18% extract) - a potent natural anti-viral
2. Ester-C - basically vitamin C on steroids
3. ZMA - a super-absorbable form of the minerals zinc and magnesium
4. Glutamine - an amino acid that is essential for gut health and proper immune function
5. Grapefruit (I prefer organic, but that's up to you)

As soon as you feel that tickle in your throat or stuffiness in your head, begin taking Olive Leaf and Ester-C two to three times per day. The ZMA and glutamine should be taken before bed on an empty stomach. The grapefruit comes in whenever you choose. Simply slice it into wedges (WITH the peel) and boil the entire fruit for about 10 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of honey to a piping-hot cup of this "grapefruit tea" and you're ready to go! Boiling the entire fruit releases a ton of beneficial nutrients that you might not get otherwise.
There's nothing magic about this concoction of natural immune support, but it has done wonders for me and my wife. Hopefully, it'll save you from the 'ickiness' of your next cold!
Until next time, may you be healthy and blessed!
Corey
www.More-Nutrition.com

No comments:

Post a Comment